VIA Latvia – choose your way through our country!
VIA Latvia is an informative website, containing all information about Latvian transport and logistics companies, legislation and customs. It serves as a Latvian transport “google”, gathering information about all our industry players and their contact details.
Latvia is a very strong transport and logistics country. We have
- great location for Eurasian transport network
- strong and fast national and regional rail connections connected to ports
- three large and number of smaller ice free ports with great connections to Europe
- our own airline company with more than 70 destinations
- international airport with around 100 destinations
- innovative and fast postal and logistics services
- wide road network to all neighboring countries
- supportive tax and customs regulation for transit
The symbol of the logotype VIA Latvia is created from five interconnected and complementary parts - airways, waterways, railway, roads and information highways, thus describing Latvia’s transport infrastructure and power.
VIA Latvia performs not only as an information platform for our industry, but also participates in international transport and logistics expos and events with our national stand, where you can meet representatives from each transport company. VIA Latvia project is lead by the Ministry of Transport and supported by all major transport and logistics companies – Riga port, Ventspils port, Liepaja port, Latvian railway, Rail Baltica, Riga airport, airBaltic, Latvian Post and Rail Baltica.